Wednesday, May 25, 2005

We Jam Econo: the story of the minutemen

New York: Film Spotlight -
Riding the M60 home from La Guardia Airport, I traded my MetroCard for dollar bills to help a fellow traveler get on the bus. Yeah, NY busses only take coin or cards, drag... We struck up a conversation and introducing himself, Keith told me he was in town to screen his documentary: We Jam Econo: the story of the minutemen at The Walter Reade at Lincoln Center. He offered me a few passes to the film and reception. Contrary to what your mom told you, you should talk to strangers on the bus. Thanks Keith!
The New York premiere was amazing! I wish these guys great success.
We Jam Econo: the story of the minutemen
Produced by Keith Schieron. Directed by Tim Irwin.

A totally engrossing documentary that chronicles the San Pedro, CA punk rock band The Minutemen: D. Boon, Mike Watt, and George Hurley. Featuring interviews with Flea, John Doe, Greg Ginn, Richard Hell, Ian MacKaye, Thurston Moore, Henry Rollins and more.
This film took me back to my high school days in Southern California and perfectly captured the early 80's "do-it-yourself" energy of the burgeoning Los Angeles punk scene. We Jam Econo: the story of the minutemen will play at Anthology Film Archives August 29th, through September 1st, 2005 in New York City. Click here to view the trailer.

No comments: